About Wood Thrush Cove
Wood Thrush Cove is a fully remodeled log cabin nestled in a protected forested hollow that is comfortably furnished to accommodate up to two adult couples, please note: daytime occupancy is limited to 4 adults. The property was generously donated to the Arc of Appalachia in 2020 by Suellen Bowersock and her husband Gerald Reisz, in memory of Suellen’s mother, Wanda Bowersock.
Stunning black-and-white photographs by local photographer Dennis Savage are featured throughout the lodge. Dennis’ images are inspired by the landscapes of Hocking Hills. He has been recognized by the Ohio Arts Council with three separate awards, and is a proud member of the Hocking Valley Photography Group. To see more of Dennis’ work, visit Dennissavagephotography on Instragam and at dennissavage.com.
Located less than 1 hour from Columbus, 2 hours from Dayton, and 2.5 hours from Cincinnati in southern Ohio. The facility is located on Ellinger Road, within a short drive of most Hocking Hills hiking trails and attractions.
- Two bedrooms, one with a king-size bed and one with a queen-size bed, with separate bathrooms and showers
- Space for up to 4 adult guests.
- Full heat and air conditioning.
- Fully-equipped kitchen with refrigerator, stove, microwave, full service kitchenware.
- Dining room.
- Ample indoor space for gatherings or programs.
- Full-length front porch with deck chairs.
- Covered back porch, perfect for outdoor gatherings or meals.
- Resident caretakers on-site.
- Shared bathroom on the first floor with additional shower stall.