About Beechcliff Group Lodge
Beechcliff is a historic turn-of-the-century hunting lodge that has been converted to an overnight nature retreat center for groups. Built in 1912, it served three generations of the Waddell family before being generously donated to the Sanctuary.
Lovingly remodeled to modern standards, Beechcliff carries forward a nostalgic ambiance of the early 1900’s, with gleaming wooden floors, antique Shaker furniture, and original wooden trim made from the now-extinct American chestnut tree. Walking into its entrance is like walking back to a quieter, more genteel time.
Beechcliff is an excellent space for groups, retreats, and workshops located 1.5 hours from Cincinnati and Columbus in southern Ohio. The facility is located on Cave Road, approximately 1/4 mile away from the Appalachian Forest Museum and within a close drive of most of our hiking trails.
- Five bedrooms with two single beds each, plus sink vanity in each room.
- Space for up to 10 guests.
- Full heat and air conditioning.
- Fully-equipped kitchen with refrigerator, stove, microwave, full service kitchenware.
- 3-compartment dish washing sink.
- Large dining room.
- Ample indoor space for gatherings or programs.
- Full-length front and back porches with rocking chairs and swings.
- Spacious screened lower porch overlooking the Rocky Fork Creek, perfect for outdoor gatherings or meals.
- Memorable secluded woodland setting with no other buildings in sight.
- Eco-friendly state-of-the-art odorless, waterless, chemical-free composting toilets.
- Shared bathroom on the hall with two shower stalls.
- Free pass to the 16 miles of trails at the Highlands Nature Sanctuary for the duration of your stay.
Note: Historic fireplace is decorative only, not functional.